Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big Changes

I made some big changes to my IRA about an hour ago. I have been looking at GLD and SLV which I made a lot of money on earlier in the year and got out at their peak. They've both dropped back down, SLV more than GLD, but with all the turmoil and the cloud of AIG hanging over the market I figured this would be a good time to get back into some things that had real and tangible value.

What I sold.
Half of my DRIV holdings
EDD
TIVO

I then purchased what I can only estimate at this point as a 10-12% each in GLD and SLV. I bought a little more SLV than GLD.

What I kept and why.
ATVI,TTWO,SNE. Headed into bad times entertainment is always a good choice. When reality sucks people still spend money to take their mind off of it and entertainment for me at this point is a good hold. ATVI is a for sure with a lot going on with them. I expect more from TTWO than what has happened over the last month and SNE is making me mad, but I still like the my strategy for the long term.

IBM is a strong company in my opinion. I have a vested interest in them so your mileage may vary.

I still have some cash around and may put more in SNE, GLD or SLV depending on what I see over the coming weeks.

No comments: