Thursday, April 17, 2008

GE Sneezed and didn't bounce back

I'm really changing my stance on GE.

GE: Quintessential American Finance Company

No bounce back?

I was holding it because it is a solid big cap manufacturer and not thinking how much of a hold they have in the finance arena. The fact that it didn't bounce back even a little while the market made a huge bounce is very troubling to me. Especially since other big caps (IBM/Intel) announced great earnings. This tells me that something else is going on here and maybe the credit crisis is about to pummel them. I will probably sell in the next few days if it goes down any more or doesn't come back a little. Right now I'm down 7% which isn't all that bad, but if it is part of the credit mess things could get much worse very quickly.

No comments: