Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Bear Market

Yes yes yes, all profits are gone for the year and what was looking like a stellar year may be a negative at this point. I took a real beating on FNM and FMC, but now that the blood letting is mostly over I'm willing to hang onto them. Edison took a giant leap back in the Enron days and they came steadily back over next two year (Just look at this chart and see the drop in 2001 and stellar 3 year return). I don't see why this will be any different. I'm planning on holding what I have and maybe buying some more in a few months if it starts to recover. As I've said before I like all my investments and I'm in them for the long term. Nothing has really changed except a general downturn in the market. FNM and FMC are not huge holding.

I agree with this article on dealing with a bear market.


Most of the negative has come from ATVI (Activision) dropping back down after a meteorific upturn. I'm excited about the Blizzard merger and hanging onto it especially since Blizzard is set to launch some refreshes to some of their most popular titles.

No comments: