Thursday, July 17, 2008

zero for the year!!

Hard to believe I would be really excited to be at 0% gain for the year, but really I'm excited that I'm at 0% loss for the year. This is after one month of being up 12% for the year to -8% in less than a month and back to 0% today. The market this year has been a killer and I'm just happy to be breaking even, but I know that could easily change again. FNM and FMC are really a big part of the problem for me, but ATVID (Activision) has really come back strong and I'm not planning on selling any of it right now, even the FNM and FMC.

I wanted to do some profit taking on ATVI when it became more than 30% of my account, but now I'm looking at the future for them and I really want to ride it out a while longer. I know it is dangerous to have such a large holding, but I feel like it is one I know really well and I'm confident in it moving forward. I don't recommend following me in such a huge stake and I'm not sure I would buy more ATVI since it has seen such a big uptick in recent months. Be your own judge, but to me they are hitting on all cylinders and the merger with blizzard puts together two stellar companies.

No comments: