Friday, May 9, 2008

ATVI/Activision - That's what I'm talking about

I love it when a stock takes a gigantic leap forward, especially when it is my biggest holding.

Activision shares soar after 4Q results fly past estimates.
What I like most about this is that this doesn't even take into account the fact that Blizzard is becoming part of Activision. For years I wanted to invest in Blizzard, but was unwilling to do so through Vivendi since I just don't believe in the movie business at this point. Blizzard is set for another hit with the next generation of StarCraft and already has the biggest game of all time in World Of Warcraft (do the math on a game that cost $8 million to make and now has 10 million subscribers paying $15 a month). This is a stock I'm going to be holding for a while, but I may have to do a little profit taking. It is now at 25% of my account and I think that is a bit too much, but I may hold out until it is 30%, then take some of the profit out of it. Decisions, decisions...

No comments: